Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pure Michigan & Whirley Ball

PURE MICHIGAN: Thats what the sign said as I crossed the line into the great state of Michigan. I have made it here safe and sound thanks to my family and a sweet GPS! I've been here less than 48 hours and already have had some awesome experiences.

I have been so blessed in being able to live with a kind and sweet family. They are lovely people who have opened not only thier home but thier lives. I am very grateful!!!

I was introduced to the game Whirley Ball tonight. Basically, you sit in a bumper car and you have a ball that you're trying to get to hit the "net". Its like basketball in bumper cars bascially. It was so much fun!! We had an excellent time! While I spent most of my time spinning around trying to figure out how to drive the bumper car, it really was a good time!! I quite enjoyed myself!

I think what made it the most special for me, however, was a simple act of kindness that meant the world to me. After the game was over and we were back at the church one of the junior high ladies came over to say goodbye. Without hesitation she reached out and hugged me and said "You're one of us now".

With that, my heart is now in Saline. And there it shall remain for the next 7 months.

4 comments:

  1. I told you they would love you. ;) Glad it's going well Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whirley Ball is awesome and a great intro to your youth ministry experience. I pray all keeps going well! They are blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete